Gothambu Upma (Broken wheat upma)
Gothambu upma is a tasty snack item.
Recipes category : Snacks
Made with : Broken wheat
Special Notes : Wheat contains low fat and more vitamins
Broken Wheat : 1 cup
Grated Coconut : 2 cups
Coconut Oil : 3 teaspoon
Small Onion : 5
Dry red chilly : 3
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Water : 2 cup
Mustard seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt : To taste
Method of Preparation
- Slice the small onion. cut red chilies into two.
- Wash and soak broken wheat for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and red chilies. After
spluttering add curry leaves and water.
- Add salt and soaked wheat. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for medium flame.
- Open the pan and add grated coconut. Mix well. Close the pan and cook for
few minutes in low flame.
- Remove from heat and serve with medium hot.
Submitted By : Mrs. Asha Manoj